Have you come across the Liebster award? Well I have, but I never thought I would win it - and today I did! It's presented to me by the lovely Beth at Plum and June who has a fantastic blog with some stunning quilts and some lovely embroidery work. We've 'discovered' each other's blog through Find A Friend Friday hosted by Karen from Sew Many Ways. Thank you so much Beth, it's a great honour and I am very flattered that you chose my blog.
I have learned alot from tutorials on other people's blogs and been introduced to so many great ideas prior to blogging. I've started blogging last month as a way of documenting my experiences in my quilting and sewing projects and with a hope to make new friends through blogland. I was abit nervous at the beginning tho, not knowing whether anyone would be interested in reading my blog or that I would have nothing interesting to say. But when I received my first follower/comment, I was so thrilled and I've never looked back eversince! I still feel that same excitement for every new one I received and I guess, you can sense how happy I feel about being presented by this Award.
The Liebster award (German for favourite/dearest) is to showcase bloggers with fewer than 200 followers. Upon accepting the award the recipient must then pass it on to five more blogs of note. A way of introducing other bloggers to the blogs they enjoy.
The Liebster Conventions says that :
1. Thank your award presenter on your blog and link back to him/her
2. Copy and paste the award to your blog
3. Present the Liebster Award to 5 blogs that you think deserve to be recognized
4. Let them know by leaving a comment on their blog
5. Have faith that your follower will spread the love too!
It was so difficult to pick just 5, how I wish I could choose more! There are so many great blogs out there but here are a few of my favorite bloggers whom I think you should hop over when you have the time.
1. Nordzie at Patch and Quilt - a Malaysian blogger and a very dear friend of mine, who has done alot of quilts by hand (no machine piecing!) in her earlier part of quilting years and loves hand quilting.
2. Tarnyia at tarnyiamarycatherine - found her at Find A Friend Friday linky party
[ Amendments - I've realised that Amy at [Amy's] Crafty Shenanigans has been awarded last month - I've nominated another recipient as I would love to give others the opportunity ]
3. Seeing Stars - she does lovely machine quilting work!
4. Zara at A Fabric Case - another Malaysian blogger with lots of enjoyable post!
5. Roos at quiltwerkinuitvoering - one of my earlier followers, she translates to English which is helpful, she has done alot of handstitching work.
Before I signed off, I would like to say thanks again Beth! and YAY!!! for blog awards!
Linky Tuesday October 17th
5 days ago